Apple is made of 25% air that is why they float.
- Apples, onions, and potatoes all have the same taste? Try the test: Pinch your nose and take a bite out of each.
- Avocado has the highest protein and oil content of all fruits, but most of this is the healthier unsaturated type.
- Cabbage is 91% water.
- Carrots were originally purple in color, changing in the 17th Century to orange with newer varieties.
- Celery requires more calories to eat and digest than it contains.
- Cherries are a member of the rose family.
- Corn always has an even number of ears.
- Corn makes up about 8% of the weight in a box of corn flakes.
- Eggplants are actually fruits, and classified botanically as berries.
- Honey is the only edible food for humans that will never go bad.
- Lemons contain more sugar than strawberries.
- Orange does not rhyme with any other word.
- Peanuts are legumes and not a tree nut.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.
- Pear is a fruit that ripens from the inside out.
- Strawberries are the only fruit which has its seeds on its outer skin.
Interesting Fruit Facts
Aug 24, 2012